Ryan Griffin with Market Force presented at our April Meeting. His presentation was on heat stress. Ryan always puts a new spin on things and keeps his presentations light and entertaining while still informative. If you missed him in April, you will have opportunities to see him present in August or November.
Thanks Ryan for the informative presentation and for the wonderful salty lunch from Arnis!
A big thank you goes out to Bobby Williams and Kossuth Street Baptist Church for allowing us to use your facility for our April meeting!
April Member Spotlight
Mitch Wilson is our April member spotlight. If you don’t know Mitch or you just want to get to know him a little better, check out his responses to our spotlight questions.
- What company do you work for? Ritz Safety
- What is your job title? Account Manager
- How long have you been in your current position? Three Years
- What is your family structure? Married. Two Stepkids and 5 grandchildren
- What is your city of residence? Cicero Indiana
- Why did you chose to become a safety professional? I have been around construction, roofing and wastewater most of my life. it was a natural fit.
- How long have you been a safety professional? Three years
- What do you like to do in your free time? Golf, deer hunt and spend time with friends, family and especially my grandkids
- What is your favorite safety tip? Use common sense
- What is one fact you would like everyone to know about you? I thank God everyday for all of my blessings
- What organizations do you belong to? Glasc, CCS, ABC
- What is your favorite quote? If it is to be, it’s up to me
Thank you Mitch for sharing a little part of yourself with us! If you don’t know Mitch take some time to introduce yourself at our next meeting.
Glasc has partnered with Soles for Souls in a shoe drive. All members are encouraged to participate in this event. All you have to do is:
- Print out this flyer or create your own Soles 4 Souls
- Collect new or gently used shoes at your workplace
- Bring your collected donations to our May meeting which will be held at Milestone on May 11th.
Soles for Souls will take any new or gently used shoes (safety shoes, kids shoes, sandals, tennis shoes etc. They will even take a single shoe)
Shannon Switzer from August Mack gave an informative presentation on OSHA Recordkeeping and Reporting.
For a copy of the presentation click OSHA Recordkeeping and Reporting- August Mack
Thank you for sharing the presentation and for all your insights into injury reporting and recordkeeping!
It’s time to mark your calendar for our next meeting!
Wednesday March 9th at SIA.
Lunch starts at 11:30 with the presentation to follow at 12:00.
RSVP to Shelley.Wuerthner@conagrafoods.com
Hope to see everybody there!
Meet Genevieve Viduya
In order to get to know Genevieve better, we asked her the following questions:
- What company do you work for? SSCI, A Division of AMRI
- What is your job title? EHS Specialist
- Howe long have you been in your current position? 4 years
- What is your family structure? My parents and siblings live in Indianapolis. I am the oldest of 3. I have a younger sister who is married and has a daughter. I have the CUTEST niece ever. My brother is a freshman at Roncalli High School in Indianapolis.
- What is your city of residence? West Lafayette
- Why did you choose to be a safety professional? I chose to be a safety professional because I get to work with every person in the organization. I had also hated seeing people get hurt either on television shows or on the news, so I figured being able to help prevent accidents and bring more awareness to those in the workforce was a good fit for me.
- How long have you been a safety professional? 4 years
- What do you like to do in your free time? I run half marathons and completed my first full marathon in January. I am also a Zumba instructor for Purdue University and teach a private class at Lafayette Venetian Blinds. When I’m not dancing or running, I serve as the General Coordinator for my church’s Young Adult Ministry and am a communications coordinator for St. Tom’s Haiti Ministry. I love to volunteer and serve for the homeless here in Lafayette. Also, I have a rescue dog named Coal whom I love to spend time with, and LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel around the world!
- What is your favorite safety tip? Safety begins with Teamwork. Everyone is responsible for each other’s safety.
- What is one fact you would like everyone to know about you? I’ve been to Haiti twice in the past 5 years. My first trip was one year after the January 2010 earthquake, and my most recent trip was this past summer in July/August 2015. During this past visit, I served as a Dental Assistant and helped extract 667 teeth out of over 200 patients. I never imagined that I’d actually have the opportunity (or the stomach) to do anything like that in my life! I’ve been very blessed to be part of my church’s Haiti Ministry and look forward to going back very soon.
- What organizations do you belong to? GLASC (treasurer), TEC (Tippecanoe Environmental Council), CALL 20/30 (Catholic Adults Living in Lafayette in their 20’s and 30’s), St. Thomas Aquinas’ Haiti Ministry
- What is your favorite quote? Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Ghandi
Thank you Genevieve for sharing with us!
Our next meeting is scheduled for next Wednesday February 10th at SIA.
Our presenter for February’s meeting is Ed Callahan from August Mack. Ed will be sharing information on getting the most out of your Safety Audits.
August Mack will also be providing our lunch for this month’s meeting.
Lunch begins at 11:30 with the presentation to follow starting at 12:00.
If you haven’t RSVP’d it isn’t too late, just let Genevieve know at email@example.com.
Hope to see everyone there!
Get to know your fellow members better!
January Member Spotlight
In our first member spotlight, we highlight a familiar face John Sanders.
In an effort to know him better, we asked John the following questions:
What company do you work for?
Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. – SIA
What is your job title?
How long have you been in your current position?
4 ½ years
What is your family structure?
Happily married since 2010 with 3 wonderful boys and another on the way!
What is your city of residence?
Lafayette- Born and raised!
Why did you choose to be a safety professional?
After graduating from Purdue, I entered Human Recourses. The company I worked for needed someone to help out with Safety. I started their Safety Program and ran with it. I then fell in love with the Safety profession, the opportunities, goals and successes!
How long have you been a safety professional?
Since 2006- 10 years
What do you like to do in your free time?
Spend time with the family, work around the house, garden and exercise!
What is your favorite safety tip?
Lead by example, it goes much farther than you would ever know.
What is one fact you would like everyone to know about you?
My Dad has worked at Subaru since 1990. I now work for the same place that has put food in my mouth and clothes on my back since I was a little guy. Now I’m able to do the same for my family! I also get to eat lunch with and converse daily with my Dad at work. I couldn’t be more blessed!
What organizations do you belong to?
The only one that matters! = Greater Lafayette Area Safety Council
What is your favorite quote?
How many people you bless is how you measure success!