Have you registered for this years safety expo?
Please join us for this one day seminar. You don’t have to be a member of GLASC to attend.
Admission is free!
To register go to glasc.wordpress.com/2016-safety-expo/ and click on the registration link.
Hope to see everybody there.
We had a great turnout for May’s Meeting on Fall Protection!
Thank you to Lane Van Schure for the informative and entertaining presentation!
Please join GLASC on
Saturday, June 18th from 8AM- 4PM
as we give back to the local community and help serve the Lafayette Habitat for Humanity with various construction projects.
Space is limited. E-mail Genevieve Viduya at email@example.com to reserve your spot!
Thanks to everyone who donated shoes for our Soles for Souls project.
We were able to ship 18 large boxes of shoes to a worthy cause.
Hope to see everyone tomorrow at our May meeting!
May Meeting: Our next meeting will be Wednesday, May 11, 2016.
Milestone (Right around the corner from SIA)
3301 S 460 E
Lafayette, IN 47905
Topic: Fall Protection/Suspension Trauma – Fall Protection Trailer
Presenter: Lane Ver Schure Honeywell (Miller Fall Protection) – Corrected
Lunch Sponsor: State Safety
Lunch will begin at 11:30am with the presentation to follow starting at 12pm.
Remember to bring your shoe donations for Soles for Souls!
Ryan Griffin with Market Force presented at our April Meeting. His presentation was on heat stress. Ryan always puts a new spin on things and keeps his presentations light and entertaining while still informative. If you missed him in April, you will have opportunities to see him present in August or November.
Thanks Ryan for the informative presentation and for the wonderful salty lunch from Arnis!
A big thank you goes out to Bobby Williams and Kossuth Street Baptist Church for allowing us to use your facility for our April meeting!
April Member Spotlight
Mitch Wilson is our April member spotlight. If you don’t know Mitch or you just want to get to know him a little better, check out his responses to our spotlight questions.
- What company do you work for? Ritz Safety
- What is your job title? Account Manager
- How long have you been in your current position? Three Years
- What is your family structure? Married. Two Stepkids and 5 grandchildren
- What is your city of residence? Cicero Indiana
- Why did you chose to become a safety professional? I have been around construction, roofing and wastewater most of my life. it was a natural fit.
- How long have you been a safety professional? Three years
- What do you like to do in your free time? Golf, deer hunt and spend time with friends, family and especially my grandkids
- What is your favorite safety tip? Use common sense
- What is one fact you would like everyone to know about you? I thank God everyday for all of my blessings
- What organizations do you belong to? Glasc, CCS, ABC
- What is your favorite quote? If it is to be, it’s up to me
Thank you Mitch for sharing a little part of yourself with us! If you don’t know Mitch take some time to introduce yourself at our next meeting.